If you notice mold developing in your boats, car, or RV’s carpets, you should make it a priority to clean it. Mold will spread quickly and is a serious health hazard. You will want to clean it throughly and, if your carpets are removable, the floor below it. Severe molding should warrant the removal, cleaning, and re-installation of the carpet.
What you need:
- Mold Away (and an empty spray bottle)
- Stiff Scrub Brush
- Cloths or Microfiber cloths
- Dustmask to avoid inhaling spores
How you do it:
- If carpet is removable, go ahead and do so. If not, determine if the mold infestation warrants cutting and pulling it
- Start by mixing the Mold Away and spraying the affected area. Let it soak
- Scrub the affected area with the Scrub Brush. The goal is to loosen the mold and break it away form the carpet or floor.
- Wipe the area completely clean with the cloths. Let area completely dry
- Reinstall the carpet.
- Determine how the mold growth started. Is there a leak? Did you spill something? If there is a problem, fix it. Otherwise the mold will return!
Shurhold is here to help keep your Boat, Car or RV “Clean-N-Simple” A full list of helpful how to articles and videos can be found at www.shurhold.com