One major maintenance issue we notice here at Shurhold comes from shoddy battery connections and poorly kept wiring. If these parts rust or break down key systems will fail, generally at the worst possible time. Maintenance is simple and requires only a little diligence. The end result will be less rust to stain your ride, safer connections that you can rely on, and more care free time to enjoy your boat, car, or RV.
What you need:
- Detailing Brush
- Corrosion Block
- Serious Marine Cleaner
- Clean Microfiber
- Tooth Brush
How you do it:
- Important: Disconnect your battery cables to avoid shocking yourself. This has the added benefit of making the contacts easier to clean.
- Spray the terminals and contacts with Serious Marine Cleaner then proceed to scrub both with the wire brush until you see clean metal.
- Spray with Corrosion Block
- For the other wire harnesses and fuse terminals, you will need to be a bit more gentle. Spray with Serious Marine Cleaner and scrub with a toothbrush until grime has been eliminated. Wipe clean and dry with a microfiber cloth
- Reconnect your batteries and test your systems to insure everything is in working order.