The Top 6 Cleaning Tips for Effective and Easy Washing
Top 6 Cleaning Tips:
1. Always rinse down the area to be cleaned prior to washing. This helps remove any loose surface grime preventing you from scrubbing it into the finish.
2. “Dirty” rain can leave black streaks. Try to wash them off immediately. The sooner you do it, the easier they will be to remove.
3. Less is more when it comes to mixing soap with water. Too much soap will make it hard to rinse leaving soap scum.
4. Wash early or late in the day, avoiding intense sunlight will make it easier to clean because the areas you are working on won’t dry too quickly.
5. Once everything is clean, wax or polish it to make the next cleaning easier. Keep a good coat of wax on all metal hardware to prevent corrosion. You’ll recoup the cost of all the cleaning, polishing and waxing products you use in your investment’s resale value.
6. To help prevent corrosion on seals, hinges, snaps and zippers, they should be coated with water-resistant lubricant. Care must be exercised when applying liquid or spray lubricants. Some are petroleum-based, and drips or overspray may harm gelcoat or clear coat, upholstery and fabric. Shurhold offers a handy stick-style lubricant called Snap Stick.